From Wednesday noon until Thursday noon, the total number of recovered coronavirus patients in the country increased by 7,446 to 666,883.
Within the same period, Indonesia's official covid-19 death toll was up by 233 to 23,753.
On Monday, the Indonesian government issued Instruction on the Implementation of Activity Restrictions to Control the Spread of covid-19.
Minister of Home Affairs Tito Karnavian ordered several governors and regents/mayors in the islands of Java and Bali to implement restrictions on people’s activities to prevent transmission of covid-19.
The restrictions consist of:
1. Implementing work from home order for 75 percent of workers and work form office policy for 25 workers and mplementing more strict health protocols;
2. Implementing online learning/teaching activities;
3. Allowing essential sectors related to the basic needs of the people to operate 100 percent by regulating operating hours and capacity, and implementing stricter health protocols;
4. Imposing restrictions on the following: Restaurant activities (25 percent of the capacity for dine-in) and operating hours for shopping centers/malls (not later than 19.00 Western Indonesia Time).
5. Allowing construction activities to operate 100 percent on condition that stricter health protocols are in place.
6. Allowing places of worship with 50 percent of the capacity and stricter health protocols.