Jokowi Calls for Calm amid Coronavirus Scare

    Desi Angriani, Christopher Harindra - 24 Januari 2020 17:16 WIB
    Jokowi Calls for Calm amid Coronavirus Scare
    President Joko Widodo (Photo: Antara/Wahyu Putro)
    Jakarta: President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has said that the coronavirus outbreak has not yet entered Indonesia. The virus has been found in Singapore.

    "But until now, hopefully, no one has contracted the virus," Jokowi said at the State Palace, Jalan Veteran, Jakarta on Friday, January 24, 2020.

    Jokowi asked the public not to worry. The government has increased surveillance at airport and port entrances. Officers has also attached thermo scans both at the arrival and departure gates.

    "We are also ready to check and scan every arrival from outside (the country)," he said.

    The President has instructed Minister of Health Terawan Agus Purwanto to fully supervise the situation and prepare emergency measures in a number of hospitals.

    "I have ordered the Minister of Health to monitor the situation in detail," he concluded.

    Previously, PT Huawei Tech Investment workers who was in BRI Building 2, Jakarta, was suspected of contracting the novel coronavirus. The worker is a Chinese citizen.

    The worker is visiting Jakarta and had a fever. The company immediately evacuated and checked the condition of the worker to the hospital. Based on the results of medical examinations, the worker turned out to have a sore throat.



    (WAH)

    Bagaimana tanggapan anda mengenai artikel ini?

    Cara untuk mendapatkan Berita terbaru dari kami.

    Ikuti langkah berikut ini untuk mendapatkan notifikasi

    1. Akses Pengaturan/Setting Browser Anda
    2. Akses Notifications pada Pengaturan/Setting Browser Anda
    3. Cari https://m.medcom.id pada List Sites Notifications
    4. Klik Allow pada List Notifications tersebut

    Anda Selesai.

    Powered by Medcom.id